The most frequently occurring problem is the HP printer offline error which happens without any particular reason.
Use Printer Offline
It is important to ensure that the HP wireless printer is not on “Use printer in offline mode”. why does my printer print so slow Since this could be a reason for the message to be shown.
Do the following steps shown below to undo this:
- Step 1: Select the start menu and click on the option called settings
- Step 2: Click on devices and then the menu printer and scanners
- Step 3: A list of printers will be showcased by the computer, select and right-click on your HP printer.
- Step 4: Then from the menu, uncheck the option of “Use Printer Offline”. You will notice that the Hp printer has changed to the online mode.
Ensure your printer is “Set as default printer” to fix the HP printer offline issue:
If the printer keeps turning offline on Windows 10 or any other operating system, the following steps should be used:
- Step 1: Click on the Windows button and type in ‘Run’. After that type ‘Control Panel’ and select the option.
- Step 2: A ‘Device and Printer’ option will be seen, under that, the HP printer will be listed. If a green checkmark is visible, it means that the HP printer is already ‘set as default’.
- Step 3: If not then right-click on the printer option and click on the option of “Set as a default printer”. You will notice that the printer is successfully working.
Check Printer Driver:
An outdated or corrupted printer driver can show this error too.
Steps for updating or reinstalling the driver on Windows are listed below:
- Step 1: Go to the Windows search and type in “Device Manager” and click on it
- Step 2: Expand the section where the printer is stated.
- Step 3: From the expanded section, locate the printer’s model number and ‘Right Click’ on it, and click on the ‘Update Driver’ option.
- Step 4: Click on the ‘search automatically’ option and wait for the printer’s driver to update. After this has been done, try to restart the computer.
- Step 5: To re-install, the driver, go to the ‘control panel’ and click on remove programs and uninstall the existing HP printer driver. Then download the printer’s driver from HP’s website and install it. The issue should resolve after the following steps.
Troubleshoot Printer Spooler Settings:
The HP printer showcases an offline message when the spooler is stopped. Stepsto fix this issue are showcased below:
- First step: Open the ‘Run’ dialog box and search for “Services. msc”.
- Second step: From the items listed, search for the option Print Spooler.
- Third step: Right-click on the option and select the “Stop” option to pause it.
- Forth step: Go to ‘Windows File Explorer and click on the address bar and type C:\Windows\System32\Spool\Printer.
- Fifth step: Delete all the files from the printer folder to clear the printing queue.
- Sixth step: Right-click on the printer spooler. Select the “Start” option to begin the spooler service again.
Factors that lead to this issue:
- Wireless connection: Ensure that the printer and computer are on the same Wi-Fi network.
- Reboot the system once the configuration is done in the system, for saving the settings of the HP printer.
Check the Connection of Wire:
HP printer can go offline due to improper connection.
- Check if USB cables on both ends are properly connected to the printer and computer. If it is a wireless connection ensure that the printer and router connectivity is compatible.
- Check if the power cable is intact without any cuts and is connected well.
Check For Network Connection Error:
- Could be because of Wifi Connectivity. Ensure that it is connected first.
- IP address not configured properly on the laptop or the desktop could also be the reason.
Follow the steps below to check if the IP Address is configured properly:
- First step: Open ‘HP configuration screen’.
- Second step: Click on the networking tab from the settings option.
- Third step: Select the IP address option from the drop-down menu.
- Fourth step: Click on the manual setting option and enter the accurate IP address correctly.