As a knife lover, you must be familiar with a lot of blades. Each one has a personality and features that make them special. If you use a knife for your daily tasks, you need it to be durable. If there are some blades used under certain circumstances, they have to last long and be reliable Time to discover amazing karambit. All these qualities combine themselves in a sturdy and unique karambit.
You might have seen a blade shaped like an eagle’s claws. That curved-edge knife is famously known as the karambit knife. It is a regularly sized blade that originated in Indonesia as was a war weapon used for fighting. Although that local folklore said it was inspired by the shape of a tiger claw. Whichever reference is true, the karambit is surely an interesting blade that’s more than a regular cooking knife.
Utility and Functionality – What Is A Karambit Used For?
At some point, all knives can serve the same purpose of cutting and slashing. But the karambit knife is a special blade that has been gaining popularity in the United States as well. You can find young people particularly interested in it now given how cool it looks. However, the style is not the only thing about the karambit that makes it so good.
- In some places, karambits are utilized as gardening and agricultural tools. The slight curve makes it easy to use for harvesting crops and sowing seeds.
- As a blade, it is incredibly handy as a self-defense weapon. You can keep it on you in case of an attack and robbery and defend yourself. The best thing is that the firm grip allows you to slash and intimidate someone if needed.
- You can also utilize the karambit as the perfect hunting tool if you’re interested. It has a curved blade which works great for hunting and then skinning and butchering game.
- Considering that this is a life-saving blade, a karambit is also a good survival knife. It will keep you safe from wild animals and help you get out of vines and brambles in the wild. You can also use it to sustain yourself by foraging for good and cutting cloth and ropes to make tents.
- In professional fighting or battle, the finger-ring of the karambit also serves as a blunt weapon. If you have to use it for defense, you can count on two parts of it to save you.
Visit Rise And Beam
The Types of Karambits You Can Buy
Just as is the case with most blades, they all come in various designs. Each design suits a different task, so there are variations in karambits as well. You can find them in your local market if you look at the specifically stocked places.
- The more common kind you will find will be the fixed blade karambit. As the name suggests, it is a strong knife that has the blade embedded into the handle. You can use this for farming and survival training so you can use it repetitively. A curved knife is better for hacking off all kinds of things; belts, brambles, rope, and zip ties.
- Another less-seen version is the spring-assisted karambit knife. It can be smaller because the blade closes into the handle of the knife. It is the safer of the two options and it makes for a good travel companion. You can keep it in your luggage or pocket and it’ll take less space. As a self-defense tool, this one is better because it opens instantly with one hand.
Based on the kind of utility you can make of it, you can buy whichever suits you more. Even if you are stuck for choices, a karambit with both features is a useful tool to have.
Is Karambits Legal in the US?
Figuring out the correct usage around any blade is tricky, and experience is always important. But if you are old enough to own one and you want a karambit, you should check your state laws. There are some states that penalize the possession and use of karambits. On the federal level, however, the sale and purchase of the karambit knife are legal and regulated.
Given that blade-like karambit knives are also used in farming and other chores, they are considered as tools. That is one of the major reasons that they are allowed, and the other being the length of the blade. Usually, any blade less than or 3.5 inches is legal for public and personal use in the country.
Best Karambit You Could Ask For
If you are a blade enthusiast who likes to collect and use well-crafted knives, you need quality. But it can be hard to find fixed blade knives that are functional and look good as well.
Usually, when you get an assisted opening knife the blade has a longer life due to protection. If you need a regular use blade, you need to make sure it can withstand prolonged use and exposure.
When buying a karambit that you want to keep around, try to find a place that gives you variety. How will you know what to get if you have limited options to choose from? If you can’t find anything like that in your area then you can try an online knife store.
That is your best bet to buy the best knife that will be durable as well as classy. You will find a larger collection online and you will be able to find cool knives that are also affordable. Either way, if you need to find a classy karambit, there are some sources you should try.
Knife Import Is The Place For Quality Knives
There are many places you can look into to get a karambit, but you need economical choices as well. To make sure you don’t skimp on good stuff but also don’t get ripped off, try wholesale knives. You will get the same quality as you would in a local store but at a lower price.
Looking for an affordable karambit knife for sale is helped by Knife Import. Not only do they have an amazing stock of well-designed knives, but they also sell cheap knives. You can buy the same variety as you’d get elsewhere but their wholesale collection will also save you money